The wooden Church of Luncani

Imagine: 
English
The church that is included on the list of historical monuments, was built in 1803, during the office of father Petru Benedec; the little bell, cast in 1804, confirms this chronology. The walls of the edifice are plastered inside and frame the oblong space with a rectangular, recessed apse. As a result of the complex renovation of 1935-1940, which had the character of a re-founding, the inner space was enlarged up to the solid belfry-tower in line with the narthex. In 1984, the inner surface of the walls was plastered and adorned iconographically by a local painter. This was, most likely, the first foundation of the village.