The Museum of Archeology Sarmizegetusa

Imagine: 
English
The museum of Sarmizegetusa is a section of the Museum of Dacian and Roman Civilization of Deva; it has an important archeological collection and manages the archeological park Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa. The institution was founded in 1924 by Constantin Daicoviciu as a result of resuming the archeological diggings, and in 1982 the museum was moved in a new location, next to the school, at the very gateway from Hațeg. The museum’s archeological collection includes epigraphic and sculptural monuments, mosaics, pieces of murals, weapons, silver, bronze, bone, ceramics, glass artifacts and numismatics. Other attractions of the museum are the replicas of military and civil outfits, exhibited on mannequins.