The Augustan-rite Evangelic Church of Orăștie

Imagine: 
English
The Church Fortress is located in the middle of the historic centre of the town. It is to be noticed that there are two churches, standing side by side in the same enclosure; they belong to cults that co-existed since the 16th century in this town: the Augustan-rite Evangelic (Lutheran) church and the Reformed church. The initial construction on this spot was a Roman basilica with a West tower, followed by a Gothic style basilica from the 14th century. At the end of the 14th century and beginning of the 15th was built the chorus that still exists today. Dating back to 1400 remnants of some sedilia were preserved in the South wall of the chorus.